Bagel: Calories and Nutrition Analyse
Bagel: calories, protein, carbs and fat exact data
Also known as (other names): Plain bagel
How many calories in bagel?
For instance, medium size bagel (105 g) has about 263 calories.
It is about 11% of daily calories intake for adult person with medium weight and medium activity (for calculation we assumed 2400 kcal daily intake).
To visualize how much it actualy is, take in mind that calories amount from medium size bagel is similar to calories amount from ie.:
- 5 apples
- 3 glasses of Coca Cola (220 ml glass)
- 2.5 slices of cheese
- 2 slices of bread
- 2 glasses of milk
- 13.5 cubes of sugar
To burn this calories you need to bike at least 37 minutes, swim for about 31 minutes or run for 26 minutes.
See also Bagel vitamins and minerals
Bagel: calories and nutrition per 100g
Calories and nutrition per ounce (oz)
How many calories in 1, 2, 3 or 5 bagels?
As I wrote before medium size bagel (105 g) have 263 calories. It is easy to count that two bagels have about 526 calories and three bagels have about 789 calories. In table below you can also see calories amount for four and five bagels.
- Medium size bagel (105 g)263 kcal
- Ounce (oz) of bagels71 kcal
- Half of medium size bagel131.5 kcal
- Small size bagel (84g)210.4 kcal
- Big size bagel (137g)341.9 kcal
- Two medium size bagels526 kcal
- Three medium size bagels789 kcal
- Four medium size bagels1052 kcal
- Five medium size bagels1315 kcal
Protein in bagel
Bagels have 10.2 g protein per 100g.
When you multiplay this value with weight of medium size bagel (105 g) you can see that you will get about 10.7 g of protein.
Carbs in bagels
Bagels have 48.89 g carbohydrates per 100g.
In the same way as for protein we can calculate that medium size bagel (105 g) has about 51.3 g of carbs.
Fat in bagels
Bagels have 1.53 g fat per 100g.
So it is easy to count that medium size bagel (105 g) has about 1.6 g of fat.
medium size bagel (105 g) has:263kcalFor burning these calories you have to:
bagel - vitamins per 100g
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)0.403 mg
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)0.209 mg
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)3.37 mg
- Vitaminium B60.147 mg
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)0.108 mcg
- Vitaminium E0.32 mg
- Vitaminium K0.002 mg
Energy content of bagel
- 78% CARBS
- 16% PROTEIN
- 6% FAT
bagel - minerals per 100g
- Potassium165 mg
- Magnessium51 mg
- Calcium105 mg
- Sodium439 mg
- Iron2.76 mg
Does bagel make you fat and how it affect your weight?
Very hight count of calories in bagel puts this product at the top of hight calorific bread. If you are on diet and you are looking for low-calorific bread, bagel seems to be a bad choice. It is easy to find something better among other bread.
You should consider that not only calories are important when you are on a diet. If bagels contain nutrition you need than maybe you should add it to your daily menu anyway?
Similar calories number have:
- How many calories does white chocolate have?
- Calories in a half of scrambled egg
- Calories in whole scrambled egg
- Calories for one, two or more scrambled eggs
- How many carbs (carbohydrates) in Big Mac?
- How much fat in dried agave?
- How much protein in milk powder?
- What is weight of mortadella?
- Carrot juice calories per ounce (oz)
- Swordfish (fillet, meat) calories per serving size