Asparagus vs Beetroot: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Asparagus
At first glance, you can see that in asparagus is much less calories than in beetroot.
Asparagus has 20 kcal per 100g and beetroot 43 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 115%.
In asparagus and in beetroot most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare asparagus with beetroot in details.
Fact 2: Asparagus And Beetroot Nutrition Difference
Beetroot vs Asparagus: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|Carbohydrates||3.38 g||9.56 g|
|Fat||0.12 g||0.17 g|
|Dietary fiber||2.1 g||2.8 g|
|Protein||2.2 g||1.61 g|
|Calcium||24 mg||16 mg|
|Iron||1.14 mg||0.8 mg|
|Magnessium||14 mg||23 mg|
|Potassium||202 mg||325 mg|
|Sodium||2 mg||78 mg|
|Zink||0.54 mg||0.35 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.143 mg||0.031 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.141 mg||0.057 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.978 mg||0.334 mg|
|Vitaminium B5||0.274 mg||0.155 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.091 mg||0.067 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||52 mg||109 mg|
|Vitaminium C||5.6 mg||4.9 mg|
|Vitaminium E||1.13 mg||0.04 mg|
|Vitaminium K||41.6 mg||0.2 mg|
|Beta karoten||9 mg||20 mg|
More protein in asparagus
It is aslo easy to see see that in asparagus is more protein than in beetroot.
There is 1.61g per 100g of beetroot and 2.2g per 100g of asparagus so using simple math we can see that difference is about 37%.
Less carbohydrates in asparagus
In asparagus is less carbohydrates than in beetroot.
There is 9.56g/100g of carbohydrates in beetroot and 3.38g/100g in asparagus so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 183%.
Less fat in asparagus
In asparagus is less fats than in beetroot.
The tables above show us that there is 0.17g/100g of fats in beetroot and 0.12g/100g in asparagus. In this case difference is about 42%.
- Carbohydrates3.38 g
- Fat0.12 g
- Dietary fiber2.1 g
- Protein2.2 g
100g | ounce | single piece | handfull | bunch | cup | half cup
- 58% CARBS.
- 38% PROTEIN
- 5% FAT
Vitamins: beetroot vs asparagus
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): asparagus 361% more than beetroot
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): asparagus 147% more than beetroot
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): asparagus 193% more than beetroot
- Vitaminium B5: asparagus 77% more than beetroot
- Vitaminium B6: asparagus 36% more than beetroot
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): beetroot 110% more than asparagus
- Vitaminium C: asparagus 14% more than beetroot
- Vitaminium E: asparagus 2725% more than beetroot
- Vitaminium K: asparagus 20700% more than beetroot
- Beta karoten: beetroot 122% more than asparagus
Minerals: asparagus vs beetroot
Compares of asparagus
- Asparagus vs Artichoke
- Asparagus vs Arugula
- Asparagus vs Bamboo Shoots
- Asparagus vs Beetroot
- Asparagus vs Bok Choy
- Asparagus vs Broccoli
- see all compares of asparagus