Amaranth: Calories and Nutrition Analyse
Amaranth: calories, protein, carbs and fat exact data
Also known as (other names): amaranth seeds
How many calories in amaranth?
Case in point, tablespoon of amaranth (14 g) has about 57 calories.
It is about 2% of daily calories intake for adult person with medium weight and medium activity (for calculation we assumed 2400 kcal daily intake).
To visualize how much it actualy is, take in mind that calories amount from tablespoon of amaranth is similar to calories amount from ie.:
- 1 apple
- 0.5 glass of Coca Cola (220 ml glass)
- 0.5 slice of cheese
- 0.5 slice of bread
- 3 cubes of sugar
For burning such amount of calories you would have to bike at least 8 minutes, swim for about 7 minutes or run for 6 minutes.
Amaranth: calories and nutrition per 100g
Calories and nutrition per ounce (oz)
How many calories in tablespoon, teaspoon, glass, cup or small glass of amaranth seeds?
As I wrote before 100g have 409 calories. It is also easy to count how many calories will be in ie. tablespoon, teaspoon, glass, cup or small glass of amaranth.
- Tablespoon of amaranth (14g)57 kcal
- Teaspoon of amaranth (7g)29 kcal
- Glass full of amaranth (200g)818 kcal
- Cup (100ml) of amaranth (92g)376 kcal
- Small glass (40ml) of amaranth (37g)151 kcal
- Ounce (oz) of amaranth seeds116 kcal
- 10g of amaranth seeds41 kcal
- 20g of amaranth seeds82 kcal
- 50g of amaranth seeds205 kcal
- 100g of amaranth seeds409 kcal
Protein in amaranth
Amaranth seeds have 17 g protein per 100g.
When you multiplay this value with weight of tablespoon of amaranth (14 g) you can see that you will get about 2.4 g of protein.
Carbs in amaranth seeds
Amaranth seeds have 67 g carbohydrates per 100g.
In the same way as for protein we can calculate that tablespoon of amaranth (14 g) has about 9.4 g of carbs.
Fat in amaranth seeds
Amaranth seeds have 8 g fat per 100g.
So it is easy to count that tablespoon of amaranth (14 g) has about 1.1 g of fat.
tablespoon of amaranth (14 g) has:57kcalFor burning these calories you have to:
amaranth - vitamins per 100g
- Vitaminium B60.6 mg
Energy content of amaranth
- 66% CARBS
- 17% PROTEIN
- 18% FAT
amaranth - minerals per 100g
- Potassium508 mg
- Phosphorus557 mg
- Magnessium248 mg
- Calcium159 mg
- Sodium0.01 mg
- Iron7.6 mg
- Zink2.9 mg
Does amaranth cause weight gain? How it affects your diet?
This is a product with really low energy amount (low calorific). If you are on diet and you are looking for low-calorific seeds, amaranth seems to be a pretty good choice. Just remember we compare it with other products from seeds
Similar calories number have:
- How many calories does argan oil have?
- Calories in a half of protein bar
- Calories in whole protein bar
- Calories for one, two or more protein bars
- How many carbs (carbohydrates) in udon noodles?
- How much fat in salad greens?
- How much protein in bacon cheeseburger?
- What is weight of baked potato with butter?
- Mentos calories per ounce (oz)
- Cabbage soup calories per serving size